iPhone 14 Pro Max took over the place of iPhone 13 Pro Max in the Display mate benchmark and won the award for the best smartphone screen.
DisplayMate annually publishes a list of the best smartphone displays on the market. This year, the iPhone 14 Pro Max with A+ performance won the award for the best smartphone display. Before the introduction of the new generation, the best smartphone display belonged to the iPhone 13 Pro Max.
The display of the iPhone 14 Pro Max uses the same resolution as the iPhone 13 Pro Max. But Apple has made significant improvements on it. The refresh rate of LTPO OLED displays can be varied between 1 and 120 Hz. The refresh rate range of the previous generation of this phone was between 10 and 120 Hz. In addition, this year we have seen the addition of support for the function (Always On Display) in iPhone. Another change is the use of a new appearance called Dynamic Island, which has an attractive function and can be used as a shortcut in many applications.
The brightness of the iPhone 14 Pro Max display can reach 2,300 nits, which is twice as much as the iPhone 13 Pro Max. The brightness level of this device is beyond the official specifications announced by Apple. The display brightness of this device in HDR mode reaches a maximum of 1500 nits, which has improved by 33%.
The iPhone 14 Pro Max has received the following awards for its display performance:
- The highest accuracy in displaying white color
- The highest accuracy in color display
- The least variation in color accuracy with APL
- The highest accuracy of image contrast and the highest accuracy of color intensity
- Least change in contrast with APL
- Least change in peak luminance with APL
- The highest full-screen brightness in OLED smartphones
- Highest maximum screen brightness
- The highest contrast ratio
- Lowest screen reflection rate
- The highest contrast score in ambient light
- The least variation of brightness with viewing angle
- The least variation in white color with viewing angle
- Highest screen resolution visible
By carefully calibrating the screen, Apple has worked to improve the absolute picture quality and absolute accuracy of OLED colors.
Based on laboratory measurements, the iPhone 14 Pro Max has a world-class high-quality screen. The calibration accuracy of iPhone 14 Pro Max is also very high. The results of these tests made this phone receive the best smartphone display award from Displaymate.